2010年4月19日 星期一

our group work

Oh god can't believe that the whole semester is nearly to the end. I am so sad that my individual work didn't get a good mark, so that I am trying to make my grade up for improving my group work. This time I think we use the CALL techniques teaching English shows very effective directions. We combined all kinds of resources that we can use together, such as hot potato, the on-line dictionary, and, the discussion forum, and the YouTube. But our work is not a random massive work that only a pile of web links. We do have focus of each topic, like my part is about the accommodation and culture. The accommodation is mainly focus on listen skills, students can learn a lot of new words through the listening drills, and a extensive reading is going with. This activity focus is about reading, it has on-line dictionary spelunker, and when you click the new vocabulary, it automatically leads you to the Macmillan dictionary to see the explanation and pronunciation. After that students have to get the practice drills done. This is mainly focused on reading skills. I think my partners did their jobs well too. Because we got a clear line of what to do, and the instruction is very clear too. I like this design; I will probably apply this in my later on teaching experience. What a great thing it is for us to have those high techniques to enhance students' study and interests. I think especially for the reading part, when students are doing reading exercises, large amount of new vocabulary is always the reason that sets them back, and they are too lazy to check up them in the dictionary, with the help of the links students can get easy assess to the web dictionary and learn the new words immediately.

5 則留言:

  1. What can I say Trinity, I am gutted too. There were 4 courses the first semester, 5 the next + independent study, none for the summer semester. I sniff the stench of politics there.

    回覆刪除
  2. Well done! We have done a great job Trinity. It's an experience of how we turned the impossibles to the possibles. We should tell our future students about our experience and to encourage them they can do it as long as they put in effort :)

    We'd better head off to the written report and do some changes to our site.

    回覆刪除
  3. Yes, you all did a very good job!Your website could provide your students a large amount of useful resources. A very good learning website!

    回覆刪除
  4. students can do a lot in your website. I can see that u put great effort on it.

    回覆刪除
  5. Trinity,

    Many students hate reading. However, with some effort from the teachers, reading is interesting because of its interactivity created in hyperlinks. When a student click a word they don't know, its meaning appears on a new screen. Students will find it easier to follow the passage.

    回覆刪除