2010年3月23日 星期二

About My word

Last week we have a trail on the great software My Word. It is really an amazing work for the non-native learners of English. Firstly we have come across the check my words part, that is software used in Microsoft word. First we download the software and the open a new file of the word then it automatically appears on the upside of the tool bar. We all know that the grammar check of the Microsoft is not reliable; sometimes students are counting too much on the check. However, students lack the judge of the right or wrong of the grammar especially when their grammar structures are still under construct. Therefore with the help of My Word students can see common errors with a word. Select a word and press click to see common errors and complete explanations and practice. The funniest thing is if you write a wrong sentence and to be lucky enough, the software will provide you with a song which indicates your error, and this interesting part make students are involved into the learning plus they will have a deep impression and never make the same mistake again. It can also highlight potential common errors in your document, or some words you are uncertain about its pronunciation, they software can make it work.They next thing in help with learning English is the My Word tool bar, this bar is very helpful for students to scan the English websites. Because they provides translation of certain word and sentences. However it has a flaw that is when you highlight a whole sentence, the translation might not be so precise in Chinese language. It also helps out that when students reading the long passage they are too lazy to finish it because they don’t have the vocabulary large enough. However something is better than nothing, this software is much better than online translation website. I would like to use it in my future teaching if I got the chance.

3 則留言:

  1. I think I will carry on trying out MyWord as it might just improve my understanding of English grammar.

    回覆刪除
  2. thanks for introducing such a useful software. i am the one from the older generation and thus, i am not so familiar with this.

    回覆刪除
  3. My Word has many user-friendly features and is very helpful for English learners. I'm quite impressed by some functions like pronunciation, translation and examples.

    回覆刪除